Anyone want to guess what type of boat this is? Foremost?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper02

Reaction score
Found a sweet Silver Tin just a about 40 miles from me. He wasn't sure what type it is, has been sitting in his barn in locust grove. Going to bring it home in a few days then heading up to check it out.

Anyone want to guess at what kind it may be?

Oh and no title, :( he bought it off an old farmer. But filing for a lost title in OK isnt that bad of a deal based on what i have been reading so far and found the form online.

https://www.tax.ok.gov/mvforms/701-7.pdf

Just hope the HIN number is still on there. Then looks like im out a small $3.75 Going to call Tag Agency tomorrow just to make sure i don't need anything else, and if it IS that simple.
slivertin.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/2949228817.html

After looking at builds I think I might have found it. I think it maybe a Foremost

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18804

Looks nice! Is that a trolling motor on the bow? Is it included? Any other accessories?

Good idea to call the tag place. Make sure to get all the details for both the boat and the trailer. Here in PA its a real pain, and sometimes downright impossible, to get things sorted without the right paperwork.

Good luck!!

Called the OK Tag Agency they said yeah no biggy on a lost title, just have to do a few things. They need

HIN#
Year
Make
Model

Then I need a Notary Signature for the Bill of Sale and Notary Signature saying that the boat was previously used on private land and waters.

So as long as the old Boat ID plate isn't missing i should be fine. They said it takes only a few days to receive the new title. Nice thing about OK dont have to tag our boat trailers. :)

As long as the boat checks out when i go look at i might just be driving something home!

Would you call this a Mod-V or a Semi - V? I am still trying to understand what defines these two terms.

I'd call that a semi-V

As far as I know, tin boats come in two flavors, flat bottom john boats, and v-hull boats.

Flat bottom John boats come in two basic shapes, flat front, or Mod-V.

V-hull also come in two basic shapes. Deep-V and Semi-V (sometimes called shallow-V)

Here is a flat bottom jon boat with a flat front:
p1030022vc8.jpg

Here is a flat bottom jon boat with a mod-V front:
VP1818689_1.jpg

Here is a Deep V-hull boat:
lund-l-5.jpg

here is a shallow-v hull boat:
4f12f9151b8207edcf134da5e.jpg

Meeting at 6:00 tonight, might be coming home with something! Hope the Hull Identification plate is still there or that will kill my purchase.

Do you measure the floor of a Semi-V the same way you do a flat bottom? even though it may be curved?

Measure straight across? I want to deck so i just want to be sure i measure correctly so i dont spend $500 on something I dont need.

Bought to leave out to check out a tin!

Got my lost tittle info i need, and gonna check the floor, and maybe tow something home!

Trapper02 said:
Well the search continues. The boat looked great and all. Just no HIN plate. So it was a no go for me.
are you sure that's a problem in your state or that the boat ever had one? two of my boats have been missing HINs (too old), but since the sellers had the appropriate title with a HIN on it, it was fine. the HIN had been made up and assigned by the state

if you bring all the right paperwork, nobody looks at the boat here

Trapper - My boat was too old for a HIN. It had a serial, but GA didn't recognize it. If the boat has registration numbers you can likely make do with just that. I had a DNR guy come out after I bought mine and had him inspect it. He then put a HIN tag on it for me so it's good to go from now on.

That being said, I think you made the right move on passing it up - from the picture it doesn't look like it even has the registration numbers.

Yeah it could have been to old for a HIN. But this guy had no paperwork what soever on it. Correct no numbers on the side of the boat. We looked all over for any type of Serial Number, nothing.

I asked the Tag agency out of curiosity what if it didn't have a HIN they said i could file for one though some Lake Dept. but she didnt know anyone that has dopne it to tell how difficult it would be.

I just new these boats are not a rare and I could keep looking. I'll find one!

I've bought and sold over a dozen boats, and hands down the biggest pain in the rear is buying/selling without the proper paperwork.

You made the right choice. Way to be patient. I bet it killed you to walk away.

Keep at it! The right boat for you is out there somewhere.

It did man it really did. I just knew i had to let it go. But one door closes another on opens. Right at my 2 hr driving buffer too.

getting info in this little guy right now, just dont like how it hooked at the bow to go on the trailer. Wonder how hard that would be to fix it properly.

boat1a.jpg

$750 with a motor that hasn't ran in 2 years.
https://joplin.craigslist.org/boa/2935806711.html

Latest posts