transom saver question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering about a transom saver... i have a 12ft alum. mirrocraft with a 9.8 merc, it seems to bounce quite a bit when trailering it. should i look at getting a transom saver or is there different options, i know some of the transom savers have electric outboard requirements. anyway thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

This topic has been discussed many time here so try a search.

I use a transom saver on both my tin and my fiberglass boat. It's cheap enough.

ok gave a look at some transom savers but some say that they must be used with outboards that have power tilt???? is this really a must? the one i have looked at was at walmart.

eriecrappie33 said:
ok gave a look at some transom savers but some say that they must be used with outboards that have power tilt???? is this really a must? the one i have looked at was at walmart.

The ones you looked at were most likely correct, should be around $30-$45 depending on size. You don't need PT, just unlock the motor so it can tilt and bungee it to the transom saver. The transom saver is your best option to cure the issues you describe, I use one and recommend it.

Ictalurus said:
eriecrappie33 said:

The ones you looked at were most likely correct, should be around $30-$45 depending on size. You don't need PT, just unlock the motor so it can tilt and bungee it to the transom saver. The transom saver is your best option to cure the issues you describe, I use one and recommend it.

I agree totally with Ictalurus. This is the setup I use with my 9.9.

Attachments

• Transomsaver.jpg
    Transomsaver.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 433
thanks gillhunter just put the transom saver on my boat the same way you did works great i feel a lot better about trailering the boat now.

eriecrappie33 said:
thanks gillhunter just put the transom saver on my boat the same way you did works great i feel a lot better about trailering the boat now.

Thanks for the pic gillhunter.

Erie, you'll be happy with the results of the transom saver, it should reduce the bouncing around of your motor to almost none.

Latest posts