Olympic WaterGuard wood waterproofing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Reaction score
Anyone tryed olympic WaterGuard wood waterproofing? I used it on my first tin but didn't keep the boat long so I don't know the long term effects.

https://www.pro.olympic.com/olympicpro/products/exterior-stains/clears/waterguard-wood-clear-waterproofing-sealants.aspx

How much wood are you doing?

With a linseed oil base I don't think trying to stick anything to it like carpet glue would be a good idea.

Epoxy resin and exterior grade spar urethane are better options I think, if you've got a sizeable amount of square footage to do I'd go with the epoxy... if just a little bit use the urethane.

What advantage would that be over just using the Outdoor enamel paint. I am using it on the Spectrum boat in my signature block.

Epoxy resin is an extremely tough penetrating coating. you can't push a sharp wood chisel through it like you can with the others. It's also an adhesive so it bonds your wood together.

Seal your wood with 3 or 4 coats of epoxy resin and you won't have to worry about it for the rest of your life.

Latest posts