3M 5200 in caulk tube

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txneal

Reaction score
I just received a tube of 3M 5200 that I ordered online. It arrived last night and I noticed that the caulk tube that it is in seems to be quite a bit smaller diameter than a standard caulk tube. I haven't had a chance to check at my local hardware store to see if they have any caulk guns that will fit this tube, but I'll go by there this evening to check. Just wondering....do any of you guys know anything about this? Are there caulk guns that specifically fit this small diameter tube and are they readily available? I can't recall ever noticing them before.

Man I looked at a tube at my local hardware, it did seem smaller. I don't know that it wont work with a standard caulk gun though. It looked like it would work.

I've used 5200 in a standard caulk gun before. Don't know how many sizes they make, but I know the one I used does fit a standard gun.

I'll 3rd that. Just used a couple tubes, a few weeks ago. Fits standard caulking gun fine.

Great! Thanks guys! I looked at that tube and thought I might have trouble finding a caulk gun to fit it. I have several standard caulk guns at the house, so I guess I'm good to go!

Ajester said:
What is this 3m 5200 used for? :?:

It's a flexible sealant that's recommended by most folks on here. It doesn't crack like JB Weld. Use it to seal hardware and rivets especially hardware that isn't aluminum so it doesn't react to the aluminum (or at least as much). It has a long cure time, but is a really good product.

Latest posts