finally got some aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acabtp

Reaction score
man, when it rains it pours... after being on the lookout for a good deal on aluminum stock to do the framing for quite a while, i finally connected this week. got an answer to a craigslist wanted ad that i had posted from a guy about an hour away. the first time i drove out i didn't realize that it was all still in one piece (a 30x12' or so store awning), so i had to return the next day with a corded sawzall to handle cutting things down.
aluminum.jpg

the trusses in the middle are 15' long. the tubing is mostly 1"x1" square with 1/10th wall. way more than i will need for my boat.

i can't wait to get started framing.

That is freaking awesome....I am using the exact style tubing for my framing, I pay 16.50 for an 8' piece of that stuff from the home depot. I probably don't want to know the answer but how much did you pay for all that stuff?
=D>

You got a really good deal, If you look at my mod you will see the exact same aluminum tubes....I have spent over 100$ already and still need more. That should be more than enough to do your mod....you scored for sure on that deal.

Latest posts