Which boat would you see first, A or B?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper02

Reaction score
Deciding which boat to go look at first over the other. Kinda stuck in which one to choose over the other to see first.

BOAT A
16' Monark $650 no motor
https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/2948180867.html
boatb.jpg

BOAT B
14' RichLine $1000 has a Force 9.9
https://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/2948614205.html
boata.jpg

Two feet bigger no motor or two feet shorter and a motor.

What you guys think? Which would you want to look at first? also location doesnt do me much favors one is 1 hr 45mins North east the other is 2 hrs plus north west. Is one boat known to be better than the other? Or they about the same in quality. I see more RichLines on this site for sure though.

My first thought is see the bigger boat, i can always grab a motor later would like a 15+ hp personally. Thanks for help guys!

Yeah they both come with the trailer, just one has a motor and one doesn't and the length difference between the two.

My first instinct was to pursue the longer boat :) Can't complain about more room.

I am making plans to meet the 16' boat and trailer after work today. Got a little road trip ahead of me. Gentry is 1 hr and 45 mins away.

I think I'd go for the longer boat. My boat is a 14 and I really like it a lot, but there are times when I wish I had bought a 16.

Funny in Arkansas you have to have a title on the trailer, but not on the boat. And its just the opposite in OK. The boat does have the Hull ID so i can get a new title in here on OK.

Go for the 16ft, that seems to be a good price. Then get a nice 30hp elec start for it. Here in IL (most corrupt state in union) we have to register / license the trailer and get certification for boat. Both are taxed (even if 20 years old) at the 6.75% rate by IL Dept of Rev (gotta love it). Wonder what it will be like when the state goes bankrupt over pension obligations and unpaid bills? :roll:

Yup got it all setup to see the 16' boat tonight! Heading out after work to Gentry AR. Gotta grab a 1 7/8" ball just incase :)

I have a 16' and was looking at 14' one when I was shopping. I'm happy with my 16' & at times I wish it was 18' and I fish by myself most of the time.

Short story go for the 16'

Good luck tonight let us all know how it went.

You know i came across some posts about the Force motors nothing positive thats for sure.

New post in main forums ;)

Latest posts