1983 Ranger Bass Boat (helping out a friend)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Well a few weeks ago my buddy picked up this 1983 Ranger Bass boat. The boat itself is solid and the motor runs strong....but the clear coat is almost gone and the carpet was horrible! I know it's not a tin...but I figured you guys wouldn't care :D

He got a quote from a local body shop and they said they would redo the clear coat on the top half of the boat for $300.

I told him I would help with the carpet (had some remnants left over from another friends boat). So I headed down yesterday to help him.

This is what we started with....(he had most of the carpet ripped up by the time i got there)
photo(61).JPG

photo(60).JPG

Cutting to fit....
photo(59).JPG

And some after pictures. Still had some hatches and the floor to do, but we ran out of time/carpet. So I will get some more pictures next time I get down to help him.
photo(58).JPG

photo(57).JPG

Nice! I like seeing all the different projects even if its fiberglass. $300 for a new clear coat doesn't sound bad. It will make the boat shine. Keep posting more pics i would like to see how it turns out. Especially if you do the clear coat.

Latest posts