A little overkill but could not pass this up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
I finally got a great deal on something. Today one of my customers sold me this used Lowrance LCX-18 chart plotter and bottom machine combo with a brand new transducer and all the mounting brackets for 250 bucks. I know this is overkill for my jon, but hey at least I can get a good look at speed,temp,weather, it is sirus capable....hell ya. Now I have to put a radio on my boat. Anyone have any experience with model lowrance? :)

P. S. He paid 900 for it originally. Funny he left his instruction booklet for his new machine....I will return to him and get the lowrance book, just noticed that in the pic.

Attachments

• New chartplotter.JPG
    New chartplotter.JPG
    766.9 KB · Views: 818
That has to be the Deal of the Day the sad thing is if I had it I wouldn't get any fishing done for a long time as I would be playing with all the bells & whistles on the fish finder all the time. Plotting this and charting that.......

Enjoy

SIRIUS capable

I think that is Sirius Weather not the programming you would find in the tow vehicle. It is sometimes found on recreational coastal / offshore vessels.

I use the the master mariner with the sirus raidio package on the big boat. It interfaces with most marine chart plotters. You just have to have the sat receiver and the black box to make it work on most machines. It is really nice to have realtime radar on the boat without a radar dome, kinda of a trade off because you still have to pay a monthly service for the master mariner package, which is an upgrade from their sat radio service.

So that's why they put the Sirus radio cord on smaller gps units? Seems obvious now but I didn't know that. Hmm, this sounds like a really handy feature especially if I'm gonna go offshore, might have to look into some used gps units....nice find man! =D> Hey you work in a tackle shop or somethin?

=D>

Nice man, I live in gainesville so your not overly far. For all my fishing equipment might sound crazy but I used to drive back to Vero Beach (3 hrs away), until about 2 months ago when my favorite tackle shop announced they are closing down. I'd rather buy local and from someone I know, u guys do any fly stuff (what brands of reels if u do?) and what kind of rods and reels do you guys stock (I fish mostly Shimano, Loomis for rods, & Crowder for my offshore stuff, with a few Shimano jigging rods thrown in). I'm thinkin bout gettin a pair of Shimano Calcutta 700 te's for my graduation gift to myself...

Good to know I'm not alone. haha :lol: I have a Humminbird 798Csi on my $400 boat. side scan, down imaging, and sat weather capapble as well. I have yet to add it though... Cant seem to justify the $150 module and the monthly fee, when i get radar coverage for free on my phone...