What can I expect when I cut into this? alumacraft 1448mv

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR.223

Reaction score
I'm really want to hide the fuel tank and the TM battery. Right now the battery is in the center storage area and the fuel tank is strapped to the ribs up front. I would like to put the fuel tank in the center seat storage and the battery inside the front factory deck. I plan to cut a hole and use a hatch I have from an old build. anyone cut into theirs? I know there is foam under there but the rivets on top make me wonder. just would like to know before I cut a big hole in something. btw. I'm trying to keep all bulk weight forward b/c me and my heavy outboard being in back.

current setup,
007cpc.jpg

what I'd like to do. and the rivets
015tef.jpg

If you put that gas tank in there you may want to expect and explosion and sometime or another if you don't vent the storage area properly.

The rivets are fasteners to a framing assembly, channel or tubing. I'd say the framing runs bow to transom direction, but I could be wrong.

If you cut a hole, cut a small one first so you can stick your arm in there and feel around to see what's what.

trust me, i'll make sure the tank is vented. the cap has a threaded hole, so some people use a hose barb with a peace of hose to help vent.

My tank is in the front compartment under the deck. It has two air intakes like you see on boat with a built in tank. The in the center of the back wall is a screened vent like a small cold air return. Seems to work okay I never smell gas when I open the compartment door.

Wood....never would have guessed, now comes the fun part with the wife's bread knife. :LOL2:
002qad.jpg

fit like a glove.I made a shelf type thing that bolts to the bottom of the hatch so that way the battery is not bouncing on the bottom of the boat. Now just alittle paint and wiring and I'm go to go.
004sne.jpg

005uq.jpg

007jj.jpg

that looks good. =D> Ive always wanted to install my battery the same way. thanks for the information.

one thing about it, the battery can't be removed with out unscrewing the hatch frame. So, don't have to worry about someone helping their self to my battery. unless they have a screw driver and time :|

Latest posts