Any info on this trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrothead

Reaction score
My grandpa has an old Electra Pal trolling motor, and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how much thrust it has. It has a 2 speed toggle switch and has this on it:

Electra Pal
Model No. 0040 12 Volts
Jetco, Inc.
El Paso, Texas 79935
US Des. Pat. No. 219558
Permanent Magnet Power

And also, what thrust do you recommend for a 1232 flat bottom jon? I'm just trying to judge off of how fast this motor pushes my boat before I make my purchase of a new motor.

I have an old 17lb thrust Minn Kota, and a fairly new Minn Kota Endura 30... Both push my 14 foot SeaNymph along pretty good. Obviously the 30 does better. However the 17 doesn't to to bad. I do like that the 30 has a slower speed than the 17...yep a slower speed....and it also has a faster one. On my second trip out with it I was glad I had it as it was windy that day...so the extra thrust was great...

I think the 30's are about the smallest new ones now...should do your boat fine. Not sure on your grandpa's old motor but you could give it a try and see how it does. Do it on a calm day or in a calm area of the lake so you can see what it does with no wind first then try on a windy day....but I would have backup. If I hadn't had the 30 I think I may have had to paddle back...(outboard wasn't running right, water in the fuel)

Thats my .02 worth.

:D

JasonLester said:
I have an old 17lb thrust Minn Kota, and a fairly new Minn Kota Endura 30... Both push my 14 foot SeaNymph along pretty good. Obviously the 30 does better. However the 17 doesn't to to bad. I do like that the 30 has a slower speed than the 17...yep a slower speed....and it also has a faster one. On my second trip out with it I was glad I had it as it was windy that day...so the extra thrust was great...

I think the 30's are about the smallest new ones now...should do your boat fine. Not sure on your grandpa's old motor but you could give it a try and see how it does. Do it on a calm day or in a calm area of the lake so you can see what it does with no wind first then try on a windy day....but I would have backup. If I hadn't had the 30 I think I may have had to paddle back...(outboard wasn't running right, water in the fuel)

Thats my .02 worth.

:D
I've used it before, and on a windy day it's questionable as to if it will move the boat. I'm looking to get one just a little bigger than it, if I just knew what it was.