Transducer Mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
I have been looking high and low for a transducer mount that i do not have to drill holes in my boat. I found a few but they are quite expensive and im not sure about the suction cup ones which are also not cheap. Im looking at getting the lowrance X-4. i have been racking my brain tryin to come up with something "DIY" i have a 12ft mirrocraft with a 9.8hp so i need it to be sturdy for when im runnin. Any help would be appreciated guys.

Do a search for one on this site using portable transducer mount. There are some really cool ones I've seen posted. I also can't paste the link on here due to using Tapatalk.

I'm sure that are others but this one looks sort of cool https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8389&p=87602&hilit=portable+transducer+mount#p87602

The thought of drilling holes into a boat is always a little unnerving, but it's really not a big deal if done correctly. With that said, I'm not a huge fan of suction cups being trusted to secure an expensive (relatively) item to keep it from becoming a new man-made reef.

With that having been said, check into SeaSucker mounts. Not sure if they make one specifically for xducers, but I'm sure you can rig one too. The 4-1/2" one is about $50, and holds up to 120lbs, which should be enough. They also have a 6" which holds 200lbs. You can either mount a mounting plate to the seasucker, or possibly mount your x-ducer right to it.

I've used a Lowrance suction cup mount for a few seasons with no issues. With an 18 hp Evinrude on my 14ft alumacraft, and running over 20 MPH, I have no issues with it coming loose. The suction cup is very soft and "sucks" extremely well. Just make sure the surface is clean and smooth.

Also, the mount comes with a small rope to tie to the boat to prevent any loss, plus I attached the wires of the transducer to the motor mount transom board with small staple-like clips. I have no fear of actually losing the transducer. It works better than I thought it would.

I also mounted a speedometer (paddle wheel style) to the transom by gluing a piece of composite decking to the aluminum and then screwing the speedo wheel into that.

1 c clamp 1 pc. tubing. 1modified gate hinge.all just laying around. i just need to run the transducer cable thru the tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_2501_0005.jpg
    IMG_2501_0005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,665
I purchased this about 4 years ago:
https://www.basspro.com/Sully-Transducer-Brackets-for-Outboard-Motors/product/387/146402

I wanted to be able to take it off the boat I previously owned quickly and use it for ice fishing.
It is well made, (Aluminum), very strong and did the dual job of hard and soft water perfectly.
(For Ice Fishing I used a piece of 1x2 - slid it in and clamped it down. Kept the transducer perfectly straight, and the extendedable arm handled 18" of ice with no problems)

Here's a Pic on the Ice:

March10th2010006.jpg

bcbouy said:
1 c clamp 1 pc. tubing. 1modified gate hinge.all just laying around. i just need to run the transducer cable thru the tubing.

This is kinda what I did. I needed to be able to raise or remove the transducer because I leave my boat in the water and sometimes it sits on bottom. I used a 2x4 and a C clamp. With the transducer sitting back further, it can be a little higher which means I don't even have to raise it.

Latest posts