Removable Casting Deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zevaghan

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 1981 Sea Nymph 14' with a 1997 merc 8hp. Since it is me and my dads boat he doesn't want to permanently modify the boat. I solely bass fish and I would like to add a casting deck to the bow. Since he doesn't want a permanent mod, is there a way to make a sturdy removable deck?

I'm actually working on the same thing myself in a old SeaNymph 14. Mine has 4 benches in it. The one in the bow is pretty small and I figure I can use it to build the casting deck on. I figure I will extend it out a food behind that and all the way to the bow. I haven't gotten into building it but I don't see why it cannot be done.

For me its because I have kids and I may want them to go with me and not need the casting deck... If I find I never take it out I will make it more permanent then.

Have you stood up there in the water? its not the most stable boat...not like a big bass boat. I can stand in mine ok but I would stay as low as you can with the deck and seat. I'm thinking 2x4 construction for mine to add a little forward weight...right now its pretty light and cooks along the water around 20+ so plenty fast on my 10hp limit lake I fish.

Check out my build in my signature. All of my decking and floor are completely removable. I'd be happy to answer any questions on my process.

ChitownBasser

Nice build... You'll have fun once you get a 9.9 for it.. these boats move with the 9.9 as light as they are....loading / unloading gets easier...

Glad to see someone has done the removable deal...I am going to fish mine a while maybe after I use it a bit I will see the need for a casting deck. I just picked up some seats to go on mine.

Thanks Jason. My Minn Kota 55 thrust pushing me okay but I do eventually want to get a motor. A 9.9 is the highest I would go. Do you think a 5 HP or a 7.5 HP would push me okay? I am looking to keep the weight down as much I could. Good luck with your build, too. I knew when I got my boat, I wanted decking. I prefer it. I don't have to step over bench seats and with the decking, I have created hideable storage.

Both the 5 or 7.5 should push you just fine... I'd lean toward the 7.5 not sure if the 5 will get you up on plane. But it may....but if your used to the electric ...they are all gonna go faster that that.

Latest posts