15ft John Boat rebuild, make unknown...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gators5220

Reaction score
Hi guys long time fan of this site, and just recentely got into a 15ft john boat project. As you guys will see from the pics I'm a big gator fan and alumni so it's going to have a lot of orange and blue on it. Gaudy I know but it is what it is. I have a 25 yahama electric & pull start long shaft motor which I will jack plate to lift it up, and until I save enough for my next project a 21 foot offshore mako this boat will serve dual purpose, offshore on good days for snapper, grouper, mahi, & the sport fish like tarpoon, sails, permit, etc & it will be my indian river boat for trout, snook, & reds...hope you guys like it and hope to see you guys on the water...

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 6.jpg
    boat 6.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 7.jpg
    boat 7.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 8.jpg
    boat 8.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 9.jpg
    boat 9.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 9.jpg
    boat 9.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 10.jpg
    boat 10.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 11.jpg
    boat 11.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 12.jpg
    boat 12.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 13.jpg
    boat 13.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 14.jpg
    boat 14.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 15.jpg
    boat 15.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 16.jpg
    boat 16.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 17.jpg
    boat 17.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 18.jpg
    boat 18.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 23.jpg
    boat 23.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 24.jpg
    boat 24.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 25.jpg
    boat 25.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 26.jpg
    boat 26.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 19.jpg
    boat 19.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 893
  • boat 20.jpg
    boat 20.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 893
I'm actually a lot farther ahead then the photos will show, but for now these are what I've got...any comments or questions? Anyone else on here fish salt water? I've mostly noticed a lot of fresh water mid-western boats which is cool I've defentely stole some ideas from you guys...I'm from Florida here, so we've got great bass fishing, combined with great offshore and inshore...it's hard life but someone has to do it haha.

Attachments

• boat 21.jpg
    boat 21.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 890
  • boat 22.jpg
    boat 22.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 890
Great looking start, but the orange needs to be a little darker and the blue ALOT darker... War Eagle baby! hahaha
All kiddin aside, I like it. Where did you get that anchor Anchor roller. I want one for my boat!

I got it off ebay, they can be pretty pricey...that one retail was for a 32 foot or larger boat, so it's pretty heavy duty stainless and can run around $250. If your patient though you can find one on ebay for around $75-$100 bucks which isnt bad considering how easy it makes anchoring up on reef now. I've got a design for the pulley and spindle for my anchoring system you'd probably like if your gonna do the same kinda set up, once I mock it up I'll post it on here...it'll make anchoring a snap to do by yourself and it's cheap stuff to make yourself...

It's funny Nis that you bring up Auburn, my dad is another Gator alum (all the men in my family are & the women all go to fswho...). Anyway he just retired and moved to abeyville alabama, and since it's not super far from Auburn and the colorhs are the same he said he's gonna pull for the war eagle now, unless they play Florida of course. We've got tickets to the Georgia vs Auburn game for this year and in my lifetime I haven't missed a Georgia Florida game in jax, we have tickets everyear, although I usually scalp them and just tailgate and watch it at a bar or on a tv out of the back of the truck. Anyway as always Go Gators!

Looks like you're making progress, but you'll do WAY better with the ladies if paint that thing with some far more sophisticated colors such as Garnet and Gold. Go Noles!!!! ;)

kfa4303 said:
Looks like you're making progress, but you'll do WAY better with the ladies if paint that thing with some far more sophisticated colors such as Garnet and Gold. Go Noles!!!! ;)

The toothless ladies... :shock: haha

Nah, really. All of my dad's side of the family went to FSU.

Back to original topic... Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing that set-up when you get it mocked up.

Where's the bow mount navigation light going to be mounted?

The orange looks good, but the blue looks like hurl. That boat would look sharp painted orange and white.

They are my school colors Jim so that's why I choose them, and as far as the bow mount I'm having decals like gators lettering done for my boat numbers that are reflective and I'll remove the old ones and I have snake lights like a flats boat, right now I get by with battery powered ones that do the trick just not very well...

Hi again tinboats peps...I got some work done on the boat, mostly mounted some rodracks over the weekend bewteen studyin and what not. There are also some more photos of the transom that I had a couple of e-mails about as well as some photos of my corner brackets which are chewed up but I will redo them with thicker gauge aluminum next time I'm at my boy Mike's place (nice to have a tig welder and a buddy who knows how to use it!) For now though I installed some rocket launchers for trolling for mahi and kingfish off the beach...

As always tight lines, cold beer, & Go Gators!

Attachments

• rodracks.jpg
    rodracks.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 718
  • transom1.jpg
    transom1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 718
  • transom2.jpg
    transom2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 718
  • transom3.jpg
    transom3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 718
  • transom4.jpg
    transom4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 718
  • transom5.jpg
    transom5.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 718
  • transom6.jpg
    transom6.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 718
The actual anchor mount itself the stainless stell one was bought off ebay, sorry if I gave the impression that I made that myself, I'll send pics when I get a chance to show you what I'm talking about as far as a roller, and spindle for my anchor line and what not...

As always tight lines, cold beer, & Go Gators!

I'm contemplating doing a dual motor on this boat, for two reasons I want to buy a sail boat in a few years and put an armstrong bracket with twin 25 hp yahama's long shafts, so atleast I could use these motors later! And two I'd like to practice the mooking up of these motors prior to getting a larger mako that I'm saving for...

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

Latest posts