whats my boat worth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Fisher 1648 possibly 1650 all welded boat. It has live Wells and a 20" transom I cut down to 17" for my short shaft. The previous owner had a side console I took out for more room. If I keep it I wanna cut the livewellscout and cut the rear deck 14" back so I have easier access to the tiller. So im thinking about selling it and getting a different hull,.no motor no trailer just hull
20120404_135900.jpg

You'll be lucky to get $400 for it here in 'Bama with no motor, trailer, or side console.

Boat needs quite a bit of work and a side console!.

It'll bring a little more if you reinstall the side console and have the controlls and gauges... but all that stuff will have to be hooked up by the next owner, so it still isn't going to bring that much.

No one I know will pay top dollar for a bastardized boat, that's a project boat and project boats just don't bring that much.

Edited to say:

It also needs seats, pedestals, all new wiring, and the transom put back right from your modding... I think the price just dropped to $300 max. Project boat buyers are going to look at that boat and also suspect waterlogged foam and a rotten transom too.

Someone is going to have to invest a substantial amount of time and money in that boat before it's ready to see water.

In my area, that boat would certainly bring more than 400 bucks, but that is due to the high number of electric only boats, and most of these guys want project boats anyway, and don't need consoles. The big thing is that around Atlanta, it is near impossible to find a welded 16' boat, without buying new.

If you were in the 300-400 range, and the boat somehow made it a little closer to my area, I'd buy it. I'm serious. But, I do think that you could get a bit more for it, assuming your area has any semblance to mine.

Well here in LA everybody has aluminum boats.I searched for a glass one but no luck. Im just tryin to figure out if I should cut this one up and make it what I want or sell it amd possibly be without a boat for a while

Its a really nice boat and I got a great deal on it. Only thing that throws,it off is the inside but I plan on carpeting it. I just cant decide if I want to keep it a side console, male it a center console or cut se of the rear deck amd make it a tiller....

whoever cut the transom really did kill the value for a side or center console boat. You could mod this boat, and still have less than a new one. IMO, that boat likely has 300.00 worth of scrap alum in it, I would think that thing would do 600.00 at the very bottom.

Ya I agree with needing to clean up the transom somewhat, but that boat looks like a great boat other than that...

I like the boat. Man that would make an awesome project boat. You probably killed the value cutting the transom and taking out the console, but me personally all i would want is tiller. To me all they do is take up room, and i enjoy being in the back and watching the wake here and there.

Being all weld and very sleek lines, if i were you i would keep it, finish making it a tiller, and mod that thing into one sweet rig just the way you want

Latest posts