New Member boat question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troilo1288

Reaction score
i have a 12ft sears gamefisher dont no the year but its old in good shape barely ever used since new i want to add a deck up front im just affraid of the weight limit which is 600lbs. when i go out i take a 5lb anchor, 1 12v battery, 9.9 johnson 2stroke, 6 gallons of gas, a cooler, and 2 guys at 200 a piece,plus some gear and a transon mount 36lb minnkota. I have the cooler and battery upfront on mounts i made but i want to close it all in and make a mount for a foot controlled motor to get rid of my transon mount motor and if there is room maybe a compartment up there to. thanks to who ever answer me back

Due to weight capacity and stability issues there not very much you can do with most 12 footers. Stability is really the main thing, 12 footers are notorious for being "tippy".

Just fish with it the way it is and save your money for a bigger boat.

+1 What he said

I have a 1330 Sears (13' long, 30"wide), and that thing is tippy as all get out. I couldn't image a casting deck on a 12. :shock:

well one last question its a deep v and im not looking for a high deck pretty much looking a flat floor upfront and a mount for the foot control i wouldn't ever think of puttin a high deck i know it would tip over. agian thanks for the responses