New member with a boat question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallboy1985

Reaction score
I purchased a 14' Cadillac boat a couple of summers ago and i really cant seem to find much info on these boats, I was hoping someone on here could help me out with finding a drainplug for this boat. the drainplug is located on the bottom floor in the back of the boat, the hole is threaded and ive been to a few boat shops and they cant find a plug to fix it. I have been using a wax candle stick and screwing it in and it holds pretty well for just a day of fishing but if I leave it in the water for a few days the water adds up. Any help would be appricated. Thanks

i have tried an expanding rubber plug and have not had much luck with it. the candle seems to do better than the rubber plug

Do you know what the tread count and size is for the plug you need? If not, I'd start by trying to find a bolt or pipe thread that fits the existing hole. That would aid in searching for something in the correct size.

tallboy1985 said:
I purchased a 14' Cadillac boat a couple of summers ago and i really cant seem to find much info on these boats, I was hoping someone on here could help me out with finding a drainplug for this boat. the drainplug is located on the bottom floor in the back of the boat, the hole is threaded and ive been to a few boat shops and they cant find a plug to fix it. I have been using a wax candle stick and screwing it in and it holds pretty well for just a day of fishing but if I leave it in the water for a few days the water adds up. Any help would be appricated. Thanks

That's some good thinking! =D> Doubles as a night light too! :mrgreen:

The candle works better because the plugs are made for smooth-walled holes.

I have a no name boat that has the same type of drain plug. I found something like this at my hardware store in the plumbing aisle that worked for me:

8194.jpg

HI tallboy. I have a a boat with the same kind of drain. It's called a "Scupper valve" and is designed so that you can pull the plug while underway to allow the water to drain out. I never use mine that way, however. Instead, I just use it like a regular drain and plug it with one of the adjustable rubber plugs in the pic below. You can find them at any Wal-mart or boat store for less than $5. The link below may help you track down some more info on the boat too.

https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Cadillac

Attachments

• samll drain plug.jpg
    samll drain plug.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 617

Latest posts