PVC boat cover frame question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cade

Reaction score
One of the members here made a frame for his cover out of PVC and the frame attached to the lip of the sides. I can't find the pic now or the build, but I'd like some info on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

go through "a little snookered'' in the project section.

i know one was attached with pvc t's thats had a slot cut in them glued to a piece of PVC longer than the beam so it wedged in there

You may be able to get a satisfactory frame cover by just attaching the T's directly to the pvc tube that goes across the boat. Thats what I did and it worked ok. Of course you have to cut the end off the T to make it fit the gunnel and the pvc tube has to be long enough to form a bow like jax did.
Support on top like jax did is also needed (did mine the same way) but jax took some nice photos for ya.

Tim

Thanks for the credit but those were not my photos, but it did copy his design somewhat. I have found that if you cut the pipe a little long and force it on it creates a bow but sometimes it might slip off, what i did was hold it in place and heat up the center of the bow and it formed a nice permanent arch, i did not use the 45's. while it was raining yesterday i noticed that water was still ponding between the bows so i attached a few bungee cords down the center attached to each bow, you might have to also use a bungee to attach to the front and rear of the boat to counter act the other bungees and keep the bows from falling in toward one another. This worked perfectly and totally fixed the ponding issue. I used 1.5" by .75" tees, with .75" bows

****! Now I have to go to Home Depot...

What a great idea. I was just going to put a 2X4 across the tops of my folding seats... #-o

Latest posts