starting deck conversion - help!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeldlt1

Reaction score
:D starting a deck conversion on a Polarkraft 1436. It has a livewell in the center seat. I need to cover the seat where the livewell is with the plywood to make deck area bigger, but also want to leave the livewell in operation, so I would need to cut area out to access livewell. These are the questions - front part of boat is higher than seat with livewell where I would extend deck to - does it matter if the deck slopes or not? Also, how do you recommend supporting the deck? IT seems like just running 2X4's along sides and one down the middle would work - unless the slope messes that up. Width is so small there want have to be a lot of bracing side to side I wouldn't think?

rebeldlt1 said:
:D starting a deck conversion on a Polarkraft 1436. It has a livewell in the center seat. I need to cover the seat where the livewell is with the plywood to make deck area bigger, but also want to leave the livewell in operation, so I would need to cut area out to access livewell. These are the questions - front part of boat is higher than seat with livewell where I would extend deck to - does it matter if the deck slopes or not? Also, how do you recommend supporting the deck? IT seems like just running 2X4's along sides and one down the middle would work - unless the slope messes that up. Width is so small there want have to be a lot of bracing side to side I wouldn't think?

Welcome!
Thanks for joining!

I think 2x2 will work for the bracing. Check out this slide show of what the members did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNyg5gvA5b8

The experts will hopefully chime in soon. :D

Latest posts