My new (to me) boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterguy86

Reaction score
2001 xpress 1450. All welded boat. 54 lb thrust bow mounted trolling motor with bigfoot switch and 50 horse Johnson with electric tilt/trim.

Took it out this morning and it ran 32 mph according to the gps app on my phone.

I still need to mount my fish finder and onboard battery charger.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335210605.910569.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335210605.910569.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 468
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335210633.228674.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335210633.228674.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 468
Very nice!

What are those added boxes for in the back of the boat around the motor, I have seen those before but can't remember what they did.

Nice boat!
Trapper02 said:
Very nice!

What are those added boxes for in the back of the boat around the motor, I have seen those before but can't remember what they did.
They're called pods. They add buoyancy in the stern and I believe it helps it plane faster.

The pods help the boat plane faster and stay on plane at a slower speed. They really help to float that 50 horse.

Thanks for all the comments y'all.

Fancy Fancy, are you making any changes to the current setup or just gonna fish it as is?

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

I will probably build a storage box under the console. The console is a bit short for me since I like to stand up and drive. The storage box should raise the console enough. I'm thinking that will be a good place to mount the battery charger and fuse box.

The floor also needs to be changed out soon. It's been in there since 2001.

I also want to throw a radio in it for jamming out.

So, waterline with pods is ...? 17 feet? Gotta be a great help. Extend them another five feet, deck them, and you got yourself an inboard with a fishing porch. :)

Really nice craft.

Latest posts