New boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisAW

Reaction score
Hey guys, nice to be back. I had posted some work I did with a friend of mine on his little 12' boat, even though it was fiberglass. But now I've come back with a project of my own.

2012-04-21_10-19-25_275.jpg

Another friend of mine and I did a little trading, and I ended up with this 14' mod-V(?).

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, since his family has had it for a long time and he got it out to use again.

It's 56" across the top, and I took it out to test its stability today and its very stable. I was a little concerned but after dropping it in the water, I have no doubts anymore. I will be doing a large deck on the front, from the front of the middle seat, forward, and the front of the back seat to the transom. I already started a little bit of the framework for the front today, but I ran out of wood. I will be working on it again after I get paid this week, and hopefully have it functional soon after.

I already have a 45# Minn Kota Edge that I will be putting on the front. I plan on putting in at least 3 compartments in the front deck, and a livewell in the back, possibly.

Thats about all I have right now. I will be back with more pictures once I get something done.

did you hop up on the benches to make sure it's stable enough for fighting a fish from? my 14 footer is like yours, but actually a bit wider beam (around 60") and it was not stable enough to do that comfortably, so i stuck to a lower floor instead of a high deck. your mileage might vary though, depending on how big a guy you are.

Oh yeah, I was up on the benches and stepping from side to side and rocking it, its plenty stable for me. But it could be because I've been fishing out of a much smaller boat for a while, which was a little less stable but still able to stand on on the bench and fish no problem.

I was more excited how much higher up this boat sits as well, its like I'm standing on a tower compared to what I'm used to.

That's a great looking boat! Congrats.

Have fun and keep us posted with lots of pics!!

PS - This thread is a perfect example of the "different strokes for different folks" concept. A boat might feel tippy for one guy, but feel rock solid for another. So many things with boats are like that .... deck height, seat placement, floor thickness, foam location, motor size, tiller/sc/cc, etc etc etc. Its why its so fun to personalize a boat to make it exactly what you want.

Latest posts