boat draft and floatation pods question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
Right now I have a 1995 Fisher 1650mv and I have a deep cycle group 27-29 cant remember exactly pretty close to the transom and my gas tank only about two gallons in it about a foot amd a half from the back of the boat.and me about 150lbs and im drafting about 6-7", thats also with a small two stroke 25hp. Im wanting to move up in HP probably 30-40HP and a 4 stroke. Just wondering wjat other are draftimg and if you have floatation pods how much did you gain as far draft.

I have pods on my 1450 xpress. They seem to help a bunch as far as getting up on plane and staying there at a slower speed. I'm not sure how much I draft. I'll check when I go out again on Tuesday.

I do have home made trim tabs on the back of the pods, which helped a ton. Without them, the boat would porpoise really bad.

What size motor are you running and is it 2 stroke or 4? I checked all my foam and it seems to be fine no water logging at all.im fixen to cut my deck to about half the size it is now so hopefull thats about 40lbs and then im gonna move my battery upfront as well

thegr8cody said:
me about 150lbs and im drafting about 6-7", thats also with a small two stroke 25hp.

That sounds decent to me. If you add the heavier 4 stroke and feel you are too stern heavy, I'd move the battery up front and check again. It would be a lot easier than fabbing pods IMO. But if you want to add pods, they definitely up the cool factor.

Latest posts