New To the Site, and already bitten!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman0501

Reaction score
Well guys, I've been lurking around the site for a few weeks and I've been bitten by the tin boat bug!! So I have a line on a boat, and just purchased a trailer. This will be a team project with my buddy and I building it out. Here is the start of the project just to the trailer home, time to add lights, check the bearings, and generally give it the once over to give me that warm and fuzzy feeling I like to have when I tow something!
IMAG0205.jpg

Nothing was too bad, just cleaned a bunch of junk off of it and cleaned repacked the bearings it had bearing buddies which saves me a step!! :D , it will also be getting new tires soon.
Here's a little electrical handy work.
IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

LED Lights are working well!! I found them for a really good deal at Tractor Supply $40 and they're sealed!! 8)
IMAG0220.jpg
IMAG0219.jpg

Looking pretty good so far, I'm excited to start this project! I should be picking up the boat this weekend, I'll keep you guys posted!

Congrats, the work so far looks great!

Any idea on what the tin is? 12ft? 14ft? 16ft? Jon? DeepV? SemiV? Or if ya knew the model and brand that would work too :mrgreen:

Welcome! I know what you mean on getting bit by the bug!

What really helps is being part of a such knowledgeable community.

Good luck looking forward to boat pics!

Alright, here she is! A bit rough but I know we can get her turned around! That's my buddy Jeff checking out the side of boat.
IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

The transom has seen better days. That will be the first thing replaced, along with it's hardware.

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

I made a spot in the garage, which my wife has been on me to clean out. :roll: So its clean, but now there's a boat stored in there :shock: she should know by now :lol:

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Now its time to get to work!