Minn Kota Power drive on 14ft flat bottom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseycat9

Reaction score
Howdy gang I am looking for some feedback on ideas for mounting a minn kota power drive on a 14ft flat bottom track jon boat. Ive done a lot of searching but have turned up very little info on mounting suggestions.

I've installed them on a couple of power boats. Never had the boat's gunnel structure in the right place to bolt them down directly.

In all cases, I installed a flat board, maybe 6 inches wide by whatever length I needed. Being that big, it gave me numerous places to bolt it down properly to the boat. Then, using Stainless Steel "T" bolts (???) I added the trolling motor to the "mounting board".

Paint the board black or the color of your boat and you don't even notice it is there.

Does this help? Rich

The biggest thing with trolling motors is to remember when you turn the motor on power it puts a lot of torque to your mount. That in mind I would overdue any trolling motor mount, and to me an aluminum welded option is nice, but wood and bolts work too if this helps? If you can move it with your hands at all the trolling motor is gonna wear it out, especially at full power if your getting a bigger trolling motor. I'm going to crystal river this weekend with a buddy of mine who has a 15ft tracker with a welded up mount we made for it, I'll take some pics of it and post on here when I get a chance...

As always tight lines, cold beer, & Go Gators!

my build https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25185