50's lone star 12ft v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatdad

Reaction score
I found this boat and went today and looked at it. It's around 48-50 wide and looks to have had a steering wheel long ago .. It has three ribs that run along the bottom. (I guess they are called ribs lol) anyway the two outside ribs have a small crack each about 6inches from the back. Will this hurt the boat? Can it be repaired ? It's a cool little boat and comes on a home made trailer that's pretty cool and a Clinton gas motor and a very old green minkota trolling motor . Can it be repaired or look for something else.. He's asking 200 bucks.. Thanks

Anything on a john boat can be repaired, just costs time and money. I think it's more rewarding building your own boat, as you can make it how you want. My thoughts is fix it up as you go, so you can see how you like to fish and ideas come to you as you fish. Just my thoughts.

Doesn't sound to bad. Its usually fixable...You say its only got three ribs which makes me wonder about the construction of it over time. unless your talking about the chines and keel. Inside there are ribs across the boat there should be one every foot or so.

As for the motors ...don't value them as much. I have heard good things about the Clintons but think about part availibility. Just treat them as a bonus if they work or you can sell them for a little money...

The trailer..you want to check the lights obviously. But don't forget the wheel bearings and tire. The wheel bearings will need to be checked on anything you get so just don't forget it.

So basicly 100 for the boat and 100 for the trailer....all and all not bad. Even if you need to do some work to it.

Yea it's in the bottom .lol its well braced on the inside . The trailer I will scrap most likely mainly after just the boat. It pretty cool

For anything structural it's my advise to weld it, it's stronger and will last longer. It's not overly expensive either.

Latest posts