Weight Capacity and Comfort Level

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VolFan1983

Reaction score
Well I have been reading this site for awhile now and have decided to go ahead and purchase a boat for me and my wife to use. It will mainly be used on the local small ponds and maybe the occasional lake trip. I was looking for a 14ft flat bottom or vhull. My question is which one would have the highest weight capacity? I'm a big boy and plus with battery, gear and wife in tow I want to make sure we are safe. I don't plan on having an outboard, just a trolling motor. I just want something we can spend a few hours in comfortably. Just 2 people with a couple of rods and tackle.

Thanks for the help.

the weight capacity of a 14' boat being a flat or v will be almost the same. the real question is how they float fully loaded in a strong wind and wave situation.

I think my old 14ft lund was about 62 inches wide at the gunnel, I dont remember the capacity but I think it was around 4 people or 600 lbs. Comfort wise two people should be fine in a 14ft boat.
Tim