Custom Aluminum Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
I draw custom aluminum air boats for a company in florida and i am going to get a flat bottom skiff style boat built for me. I was looking at maybe a 18' or 20' at 6' wide. How high should i go with the sides of the boat. I know the transom will be 20" so i was thinking about going with 28" sides on it. It will be a center console with a solid floor and maybe a small deck in front about 3' long. Give me some ideas so i can add them to my drawings and get this boat built!!!

I think it would depend on the type of use for your boat. I would guess that 28" would be a little low for me. If I had the opportunity to make my own design I would go for an 8' beam with at least 36" gunwales. I like the solid floor idea, I would opt for the 20' x 8' beam with a 6' casting deck forward......hmmmmmm I wish I had the resources to do what your trying to do......sounds like an awesome project in the making.

well our airboats have 30" sides and they are pretty tall. I am going with a 6' floor width and a 8' top width. It will have plenty of room for 4 fishermen i think. and i think a smaller deck would do better for me being i just bass and crappie fish. I plan on selling my fisher marine to fund the electronics and motors for it.

Latest posts