Question about weight distribution

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcontrer82

Reaction score
This may be a dumb quesiton but I am not exactly sure where to put my trolling motor. I have a 1436 alumacraft with a 15 hp motor. I have a transom mount minn kota that I wanted to mount to the bow (which I am still trying to figure out the best way to do that). However my question is this. If I mount the trolling motor to the transom with the 15 hp and my 6 gallon gas tank, battery, and me sitting back there, will this be too much weight in the back? I know this my depend on the boat itself but I was just curious if anyone had any feedback. Thanks.

Well the boat will probably be ok with the weight back there but the more weight you can get forward the better the boat will ride. If you have to much weight in the back and not enough in the front then the boat may start to porpoise or develop bow hop. I like to have atleast 100lbs forward of the front bench of my 14' tin. This makes for a much better ride when on plane.

Latest posts