Too funky to use for first build?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airdawg11

Reaction score
I am going to look at this jon boat friday morning. Its old and funky, but looks to be pretty wide and has potential, and $450. Any ideas guys?

Attachments

• jon boat.png
    jon boat.png
    510.8 KB · Views: 579
Here are a few more pics? Any ideas on how wide this boat is or if it is even worth buying.

Attachments

• jon boat 2.png
    jon boat 2.png
    388 KB · Views: 573
  • jon boat 3.png
    jon boat 3.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 573
  • jon boat 4.png
    jon boat 4.png
    436.2 KB · Views: 573
Frogman Ladue said:
Looks purdy rough. How's the trailer?

Round my area, $450 will get'cha something better.
Same here, it looks a bit too ragged out for $450 unless it's got one heck of a trailer under it. But that might be the going rate for boats in your area so you'll have to be the judge of that.

Agree i think you can do better @ $450. If you could really get them down on the price it miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be worth it.

I just saw a killer deal on a 14' boat in wagoner, ok. $1000 would get you a clean looking boat, trailer in great condition with working lights, new tires. And comes with a 9.9 evinrude tiller motor, that looks clean ans says that works fine also. If the motor was in as good as working condition as it seems that $1k price seems really fair to me.

Can't tell for sure but it appears that the left front corner is got a piece out of it. Also looks like the gunwale on the same side is bent.

I agree its only worth about 250-300 at the most. Keep looking....One thing I did was rushed into buying a boat. I began not knowing anything and bought a 12' boat. Don't get me wrong, I love my boat but I should've bought something bigger. Also the trailer needed leaf springs ($60) tires ($80?) bearings ($50). The boat also needed a few hundred to get up to par and it leaked, needed new transom etc. That looks like a project which is fine but you need to think about how much it will cost to get it on the water and looking nice. If you have done your research and know thats the one then go for it.

You can spend some money now buying things such as seats, mounts, wood for decking or benches, carpet if wanted, bilge pump, motor, trolling motor, battery, rod holders etc. I didnt know what I was getting into when I bought my boat and trailer ($400) Ive spent close to 5,000 on this boat already! HAHA, this is my new hobby and I like nice things! Check out the boat in sig and you can see the before and after.

If you really want it offer 250. Take care!

Boy that looks like its in rough shape. Its going to take a fair amount more than whatever you pay for it to get it up and running lile you probably want.

I would have a hard time paying $200 for that. I would look for something better, or offer to take it off his hands for free. I would think for $450 you could find something a little closer to working order.

Latest posts