Need some Help on ideas for my Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a 1448 tracker grizzly and it has a full back deck and front deck. but is a 1999 and it didnt come with a factory floor so i have plywood i wanna get a alumium floor and revit it, i wanna extend the front deck back about a foot, and put side storage on the left side, it has a livewell in the center, and paint it grey, and put a foot control trolling motor on it, but does anyone have any pictures or tips on extending the deck and adding side storage along the gunnel??
Thank you

Attachments

• downsized_0227121519.jpg
    downsized_0227121519.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 695
  • downsized_0227121525.jpg
    downsized_0227121525.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 695
Omg!!! that is the nicest Jon boat ive seen in my life!!! its not even a jon boat! its a flats boat! holy ****!what kinda hull is that?i would love to have somthing like that? and what did you use to finish the decks?

Were you live? My rod lockers are Double Deckers, I couldn't see making a 16" deep box, to much wasted space, I opted to have storage underneath.
DSCI0420.jpg

DSCI0416.jpg

snookslayer,

Some comments in red in the quote below:

snookslayer177 said:
i have a 1448 tracker grizzly and it has a full back deck and front deck. but is a 1999 and it didnt come with a factory floor so i have plywood i wanna get a alumium floor and revit it,Good idea for making your boat permanently lower maintenance.

i wanna extend the front deck back about a foot, and put side storage on the left side,
Once you remove the wooden decking, you'll expose the ribs and be able to attach supporting framework to the ribs. You'll want to remove the side cover and expose those ribs as well if you want to add side storage. You can cut out the side cover aluminum to accommodate the new supporting structure once you've added the new structure. This is a pretty easy task.

it has a livewell in the center, and paint it grey,
I notice from your nickname you're fishing salt water. If I were you, I'd ditch the carpet during this process and replace it with tan or other lighter color marine vinyl or another deck material that's easily washed and rinsed down. Google Nautolex to see what I'm talking about.

Also, it's a matter of personal taste, but I wouldn't put anything on the livewell except to scuff it up to reduce glare. If the white is still too strong, go with a tan or other paint that'll be cool in the hot sun.

and put a foot control trolling motor on it, but does anyone have any pictures or tips on extending the deck and adding side storage along the gunnel??
Lots of those on the website in Jon and V boats conversions and modifications section. Including the one in my signature line. I suggest you read as many as you can. Each guy's work will give you a different perspective and lots of ideas to do.

Think about the storage you have and the storage you would like to have. Think about where to put batteries, perhaps add a couple hatches, etc. Lots of ways to make these. In the case of this boat, with salt water use, I'd think on how to make the drain to the back as smooth as possible and not mix storage with bilge by building up over the bilge and "floor" my storage areas above the bilge.

Finally, thinking about flotation and a leak in the hull and how your current flotation and bilge pump would handle a large leak with a large volume of water coming in your boat. Think about what would happen if your boat flipped over or was swamped. Would you lose everything or would it mostly be tied down and would the boat float upside down, giving you something to hang onto in the ocean?

Hope this helps,

snookslayer177 said:
Omg!!! that is the nicest Jon boat ive seen in my life!!! its not even a jon boat! its a flats boat! holy ****!what kinda hull is that?i would love to have somthing like that? and what did you use to finish the decks?

It's a 16' mirrocraft V-haul - Thanks for the comments

The decks are covered with a product called grizzly grip (I love it)

fool4fish1226 said:
snookslayer177 said:

It's a 16' mirrocraft V-haul - Thanks for the comments

The decks are covered with a product called grizzly grip (I love it)
Hey Snookslayer, now you know why I am restoring my Mirrorcraft......fools is one bad *** boat.....He is my inspiration to get my boat done.....can you imagine how nice a little snookered fishes. :mrgreen:

yes tha mirrocraft must fish beautiful! its a gorgeous boat! and thank you all very much on the ideas, im going to save up for a couple months then take it in my shop and tear it apart and find what i wanna do

I Also have a 14ft alumacraft shallow v hull boat that id like to build up over time to a decent little bass fishing boat

Latest posts