needing the do's and dont's on bow mount trolling motors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swaldo14

Reaction score
Hello guys im a new project builder and poster wanting to find out all I can about mounting the bow mount trolling motor to my 13'5 grumman i have the platform cut! wic any advice would be awesome! and thanks for such a great site also what a good wire size to run it with

What size trolling motor and how and where do you plan to mount it? Is there a small bow deck there?

Post up some pics of where you're going to mount this motor.

You want to make sure the mounting location is strong and secure. Mount with stainless steel hardware only and use nyloc nuts.

A cheap way to buy the proper wire is to buy a cheap set of booster cables and cut the ends off.. And its already color coded black and red.. I went 6ga 8ft long.

GYPSY400 said:
A cheap way to buy the proper wire is to buy a cheap set of booster cables and cut the ends off.. And its already color coded black and red.. I went 6ga 8ft long.

If you do that make sure you can change them out easily - that is not tinned marine wire and will eventually fail when used in a wet environment

Might take a year or it might take ten but they will corrode on the inside

Hey thanks allot guys I bought the atteood plug kit it was 10 but I ran 11 ft of 8
I soon will be posting pick of my 10 hour project it was really fun test run tommorow

I still have a little work left but this is my first boat project and all day saturday!
the little v to the side of the seat down lower was perfect for 1/2 pvc conduit so I the ran a aux power port, small light a bow and stern light, and the trolling motor made it super easy and nice!

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 868
  • Picture127.jpg
    Picture127.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 868
  • Picture133.jpg
    Picture133.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 868

Latest posts