anchor cleat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txneal

Reaction score
s16xvo.jpg

Does anyone have experience with one of these type anchor cleats? I'm trying to find something that's easy to install and doesn't take up a lot of room on the limited space of my bow cap. How well do these things work? Any suggestions on something that might be better?

I have something like that on my boat.in fact i have 2 of them on the bow.They work great,verry simple and not alot of space taken up.The cleats i have are Clam Cleats.I have one made of a plastic and one made of cast alumimum.I wouldnot be with out them
269.jpg

the rope just jams into it,they use them on sail boats for the most part but good for you and me to

I just did some searching and found this one. It's aluminum with a stainless rope guide. Looks like it might work for me. I'm wondering if that stainless rope guide is useful or necessary in an anchor cleat application?
2v9yr1d.jpg

They work great, just remember to secure the bitter end to something substantial on the boat. :lol:

Hope you don't mind me adding a question into your topic, but do these type cleats only work with one diameter of rope? I'm still not sure how it grips the rope.

These come in different sizes, so you can choose the rope diameter that you wish to use. The ones that are pictured above are for 1/2"-5/8". I've never used one either, but from the looks of it, I suppose the teeth in the groove that the rope runs through will put the rope in a bind and hold it tight. Then, you just lift up on the tail end of it to release.

Latest posts