Pleasent Surprise for new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyeking

Reaction score
Pleasent surprise thursday when I took my new 1448 to the lake. I took my 15hp off my 1434 tin and put it on the new 1448 that weighs more than twice as much. I put everything that was in the old boat in the new boat and when I checked the speed it ran two mile an hour faster than my old 1434. ( 26mph versus 24). Was expecting it to be much slower. I did raise the motor on this one about 1 inch on the transom. I wonder if this made the difference ?

Maybe more plaining surface???

I'm sure glad to hear that your 15 pushes it good. I WILL have a 1448 one day. But most likely, I will upgrade my 8hp to 15hp on my 1436 first. Was wondering if it would work on the 1448 when I get it and put the 8 back on my 1436.

Raising the motor surely has a little to do with it but hull design probably has more to do with it

Floats much higher in the water than the 1434 and amazing how much more stable it is. Even I can walk around in it with no problem. I mostly fish with one of my grandchildren (5 to 19 years old) and feel they are much safer in this boat. Never take more than one at a time though.lol

Latest posts