what kind of price should I ask for this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR.223

Reaction score
I am going to sell my boat. it sees more dust than water plus my dad said that I can always use his if I want to take one out. to give you an idea how much I use it, I put a hour meter on the outboard in 06/07 and it just hit 10 hours. I don't want to ask to much but and the same time I don't want to give it away. btw i have the third seat on now, had to return one.
need to add- motor does not have Electric start.
specs
outboard, 25 Mercury bigfoot 4 stroke
boat, 2011 Alumacraft 1448mv
trailer, 2004/05 Crestliner
002pzm.jpg

003yn.jpg

004oqh.jpg

005on.jpg

006okc.jpg

007kjm.jpg

008osh.jpg

009yeg.jpg

010ndt.jpg

011qpr.jpg

012dcr.jpg

013ls.jpg

014yaa.jpg

016ppb.jpg

017mpy.jpg

018hft.jpg

Id think it cost 7k to buy new what you have. I think id start at 5500.00. If i came to your house with cash, id try to convince u it was worth 4k. :) you know you got the right price for the area when you have interest. Craigslist at 5500 doesnt get lookers, go down a few hundred until you get action, and your still comfortable at your price.

Bugpac said:
Id think it cost 7k to buy new what you have. I think id start at 5500.00. If i came to your house with cash, id try to convince u it was worth 4k. :) you know you got the right price for the area when you have interest. Craigslist at 5500 doesnt get lookers, go down a few hundred until you get action, and your still comfortable at your price.

so you are saying 3800 is too low :shock: , b/c that the price I had in mind

btw I added it doesn't have electric start. It was a tiller and I added the console but e-start was going to cost alot more so with it being that new of a motor I didn't add it.

Start high, like i said id try to convince u at 4 k so i think i was close, no estart does hurt it a bit, maybe start at 45 it will get u some hits likely.

I just bought a new 1448 just like yours only have a 15 merc ( tiller ). My total investment with troller and battery is $3600. With your 25 bigfoot and console 4800 t0 4900 should be spot on.

Ahh that isn't worth much...I'll give ya $500 for it just to get it out of your way.... :lol:

man thats pretty sweet rig.... good luck selling it

You sure have a nice boat there!!

Like everyone else says, start high (I'd start in the high 4's) and BE PATIENT. Using Craigslist well is an art. You'll go through a bunch of crap before finding a good buyer, but they are out there.

You have a tough boat to sell. Its super nice, which means it will cost a lot .... which means you just ruled out 95% of tin boat buyers.

Guys who actually have $4,500 in cash sitting around often tend to gravitate towards boats with full decks, or maybe even spend more money and buy new.

But like I said, be patient. It will eventually sell. They all do.

I just purchased a boat this Spring in Wisconsin. As I have looked at many online, and I have a good idea on what they are now going for. I made a guesstimate on what I would pay for that boat before I looked at anyone elses replies. I came up with a max of $4500.00. And I would feel comfortable around $4000.00.
And I feel I would have gotten a GREAT deal if I got that boat for anything under $3600.00.

Also, the market of your boat has a lot to do with how much water you have. Here in Wisconsin, with a ton of water for fishing and duck hunting activities. There are a ton of used boats out there. There's no, "I have to have that boat", because another one usually pops up a week later that's always similiar. I tend to find that the best time to sell a boat is at the end of February/early March. Guys will spend more on a boat due to cabin fever, and there are not many boats on craigslist/classifieds etc. Therefore it is a harder time to COMPARE used boats and their prices at that time.

Now that fishing season in Wisconsin has been open for 2 weeks. The craigslists and classifieds are flooded with similiar boats. And to make matters worse, most people have their watercraft situation figured out for the summer. So their is a decreased want/need for a boat right now.

On the other side of the coin, the best time to buy is right now, when the classifieds are overstocked with used boats. Give a guy a low offer, if he doesn't like it, go on to the next boat. The next best time to buy is fall. Right before people need to spend that extra money to winterize and store their boats. Also, their mind set is focused on hunting, so their out looking for that extra cash for that new bow or rifle. With that in mind, a good boat can usually be had for less than market value.

If I were you, I would hold on to it for this year. MAKE SURE YOU USE IT. It is better for a outboard to be used than to sit.
And then I would sell it in February when the fishing/cabin fever is at it's highest.

My .02 cents,
Good Luck.

Eddie makes some good points. But I love the old saying, "you can't catch fish if your bait ain't in the water."

Nothing says you can't list it and keep renewing the listing every week for years if you want.

One thing I've learned .... people are weird and they do weird things at weird times.

Latest posts