Grizzly Grip ALIPHATIC urethanes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInGA

Reaction score
This is a buncha questions for someone who has actually used Grizzly grip ALIPHATIC urethane on their boat.

Who has used this specific brand on their boat?

If you've actually used this brand, how long has it been on your boat?

If you've used it, did you use the coarse or fine ground rubber?

If you used the aliphatic and used the fine ground, did you use the Grizzly two part primer for prep? If so, do you think it was worth using the primer to prepare the surface?

How did you like Grizzly Grip initially, how long have your had it on your boat, what kind of condition is it in now and how do you like it now?

Thank you for your help,

I have it on my floors and bench tops. I rolled it on in Aug. 2010 and it's holding up pretty good. I decided on the fine grit and I'm glad I did. It's easy on bare feet.

I did use a primer on the bench tops before applying it but it was just an self etching spray can type. Prep work is important, primer any bare metal, ruff up the surface then clean and degrease.

Order up extra rollers because you cant find them locally.

DaveInGA said:
This is a buncha questions for someone who has actually used Grizzly grip ALIPHATIC urethane on their boat.

Who has used this specific brand on their boat?

If you've actually used this brand, how long has it been on your boat?

If you've used it, did you use the coarse or fine ground rubber?

If you used the aliphatic and used the fine ground, did you use the Grizzly two part primer for prep? If so, do you think it was worth using the primer to prepare the surface?

How did you like Grizzly Grip initially, how long have your had it on your boat, what kind of condition is it in now and how do you like it now?

Thank you for your help,

Dave I used it on my project, check out my build (It's in my signature). It's been on there for almost a year now and I still love it. I used the fine grip and no primer all my decks are wood. Check it out and if you have further questions I will be more that happy to try and help.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the responses. Can you post current pics of how it's holding up with use and problems you had in this thread?

fool4fish,

I read your thread probably a year ago and read it again last night or the night before. One of the reasons I started this thread, to see long term use and hear problems folks ran into during the install.

Latest posts