What is this boat worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInGA

Reaction score
Local fella has this for sale. I know I have a big project going, but this could be my electric only boat. What do you think it's worth with a trailer?

Here's his description:
"WITH OR WITHOUT A TRAILER. YOU PICK.

Item Description: NO LEAKS!!!
This boat was made in the 60s so you know its built well.

14 feet long and it is 5 feet wide.
Extremely wide and sturdy.
Its an old boat so there are some dents but nothing bad."

Here's a couple pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Initially, he was asking $400 for boat and $500 for boat and trailer. He already reduced it in one day down to $450. If it was a second boat you didn't have to have, what would you offer and how would you go about it? Go see it and offer in person?

What shape is the trailer in? I wouldn't spend more than $250 on the boat, if the seller thinks it is worth that much just wait'em out they'll see the light soon enough. Also, double check the NO LEAKS claim by filling the boat with water and seeing if any leaks out.

$250 feels right for the boat.

Trailer price depends on condition, age, type, and whether or not it has the proper paperwork.

Assuming a decent trailer, I'd say $400 is a good price ...... but then again, it all depends on YOUR financial situation and how much you want the boat.

If you LOVE it and pay $1,000 for it ... we'd all be happy for you :lol:

$200.00 for the boat and not a penny more. Tell him to take it or leave it. $300.00 if he throws in a trailer.

Wow, you guys drive a hard bargain, but I think you're right. I'm probably not going to make an offer, unless I see it there at the end of the month. I've got too much to buy for the boat I'm re-doing now.

Latest posts