boat seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berger

Reaction score
just wanted your guys info on the best seats to get. i want comfort, durability, and the seat that kinda holds you in it so you dont feel like your gonna slide off the seat. any help would help me out thanks

I've got a pair of these as does my neighbor. The tabs on the back that hold the seat @ 90 degrees when opened tend to bend and distort over time, basically turning it into a recliner. Also the vinyl on along the sides tend to crack from weight/dried out. I'll close my seat to prolong them but at the end of the day it's still a $35/$40 seat. I'd guess they would last up to 2yrs depending on conditions. Beats the plastic deals that are cheaper by far. Not much experience with high end seats as I wouldn't buy them unless they were used since they are so expensive. Sun & Salt eats everything here, no exceptions. If my boat was garage kept, maybe. But simply a cover or leaving it in the water for a week at a time I'll stick to the cheapo's.

Attachments

• seat.JPG
    seat.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 510
I bought these off ebay for around $57 a seat after shipping last year. They look great and are very comfortable when cruising around. They are very well built IMO and do not soak up any water. The only drawback to me is the seat back is too high and wide to comfortably cast from a sitting position. They were a lot bigger than I thought they would be and sometimes I wish I had gotten smaller seats.

I have 3 of the taller ones in my boat, not the middle short back seats.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOWE-BASS-2009-SILVER-DEEP-V-BLUE-BOAT-FOLDING-FISHING-SEATS-SET-3-/400297345826?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D230655131219%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8465027899596769797

They make my 14' tin feel a little small at times.
DSCN5603.JPG