Richline boat question....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garzilla

Reaction score
Hello everyone....

I recently acquired an old Richline...not sure on the year, because it was titled as a "homemade" boat.. :roll:

I'm in the process of gutting it now, actually REMOVING the decking!!! :shock: ....I, personally, don't like decking in a boat....just my taste.

And now for my question....the transom is ripped out now, my issue is, I run a 72 25hp Johnson, long shaft motor.
Obviously, this boat has a short transom.

Those familiar with this boat, the braces on either side of the gunwales, are funky, bent, tipped inward cluster funks.....
I'm thinking, I could cut my transom taller, and instead of having them tip downward, just have them level across the back of the boat.....that should get me pretty darn close to having a 20" transom....well, close enough.

I'm going to keep the outside board, and that'll be cut bigger to match the inner transom board.

Thoughts??

Now, I ain't done yet!!!! Here's where I get wild.

I'm starting to collect antique outboards as well....and my first runner, is a 1949 royal atlas...aka Gale 5hp, that actually runs better than my 25horse..LOL

I'm thinking about leaving a 8" or so section of the transom short, so I can still run a short shaft motor on the boat....this short section, would be off to the side, near the gunwale. I don't see a real issue, seeing as I'd add a 1x1 piece of aluminum angle along the transom for extra support, just wondering if anybody tried such a thing.

I kicked around just fabbing up like a reverse jack plate, that would screw clamp, like a typical outboard, onto the transom, and dip down towards the water, and the short shaft motor could clamp to that...

Thanks for the input fellas.....super rad site by the way!!!!!

Latest posts