Home made stuff

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgraff00

Reaction score
What's the best thing or most usefull object you have ever created from stuff laying around.

Made some rod holders from PVC I had laying around.
Also made a boat hook from a broomstick, rubber chair leg cap, metal hook and cord.
Sometimes I am ashamed at how cheap I am but like a friend always tells me, we got more
time than money.
Tim

Attachments

• Image0045.jpg
    Image0045.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 2,656
  • Image0046.jpg
    Image0046.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 2,656
I love redneck ingenuity but my stuff usually functions nice but is ugly as sin

I've been on kind of a PVC kick lately. It's not exactly "lying around", but it's pretty DIY all the same. Best of all you can get it anywhere, it's easy to work with and doesn't cost much. It does breakdown over time due to UV exposure, but the grey electrical PVC is UV resistant, if you want to use it. PVC can also be bent/molded using a heat gun and a steady hand. I like bamboo too. I've used it to make a pushpole and a little rack to keep my tiller motor and gas can strapped to while underway.

My ghetto/DIY/PVC/Bamboo contraptions to date are a manual/collapsible bilge pump, the ubiquitous PVC rod holders, a tiller extension and most recently a removable Grab Bar along with the push pole and rack I mentioned. They all work great and were fun and east to make.

Can't wait to see everyone's contraptions!

Attachments

• bilge pump 1.jpg
    bilge pump 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,608
  • bilge pump 2.jpg
    bilge pump 2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2,608
  • rod holder and tiller extension.jpg
    rod holder and tiller extension.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,608
  • PVC Grab bar 2.jpg
    PVC Grab bar 2.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 2,608
  • Labeled boat bits.jpg
    Labeled boat bits.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 2,608
  • 0122121630-01.jpg
    0122121630-01.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 2,608
  • kicker rack 1.jpg
    kicker rack 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,608
I love redneck ingenuity but my stuff usually functions nice but is ugly as sin

Not mine, but I love this Alabama bass boat. Where there's a will there's a way.

BAMA-BASS-BOAT.jpg

Has anyone tried to make a home-built swing-up canopy for a 14-16 fishing boat?

:idea:

Seems like an awning canopy set of swivels would be the hardest part. Could fold down in the center bench seat.

Well, seems like it could.

:roll:

CodyPomeroy said:
Mojo^ said:
Not mine, but I love this Alabama bass boat. Where there's a will there's a way.

BAMA-BASS-BOAT.jpg
That looks like something Red Green would make.

LMAO!! I LOVE the Red Green show. Haven't seen it in a while, it's usually showed on oddball channels, not mainstream cable TV channels.

The guy in the picture with the Alabama bass boat kinda fits Red Green's saying: "if the ladies don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy." :mrgreen:

Mojo^ said:

BAMA-BASS-BOAT.jpg

I know im getting off topic here but LOL...

Redneck_Boat.JPG

redneck-boat.jpg

sfina2_wa.jpg

At first I thought this was photoshoped, now i'm not sure.
sydney_428x269_to_468x312.jpg

:LOL2:

Latest posts