Do you Medical Kit / Supplies kept on the boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you Medical Kit / Supplies kept on the boat?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • In the Near Future.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Ride @ Your own risk

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Sixes for President

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

sixgun86

Reaction score
Been thinking about adding a Med kit for the boat just in case. Though I'm inshore 99.999998% of the time it could take longer than prefered to get somewhere that could provide assistance. Since Truma is an acquaintance of mine probably best to at least be prepared. Aside from keeping a bottle of fresh water on the boat I've got nothing else.

As they say, One is None. Two is One.

I keep a first aid kit on the boat along with some clean towels for bigger cuts (just incase). I have needed them in the past but nothing real bad [-o<

I have a First Aid kit that I got at Walmart for maybe $6, it's okay but the other one that I have that was $10 is much better. Cheap insurance.

I don't think the one that I have is CG approved but I don't think it is a requirement for my size boat.

Yeah, sometimes I get a boo-boo and need something.
DSC01532.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

I take a first aid kit with me even if I'm bank fishing. I like to hike out to some of the places that most non-boaters can't get to (you know, because there are obviously more fish there), so I want to have the bare minimum with me just in case.

Electrical tape, super glue and a good pair of side cutters are in my boat at all times. Redneck first aid kit :) That is good enough to get me to shore incase something like jigngrub posted happens. And trust me I have had several of those including a hook through the side of my face even :lol: All part of fishing I guess. Was hooked twice last year by my 2 boys, unintentionally of course.

I keep a pretty nice kit on the boat. I think I paid around a $ 100 bucks for it. I figured if I ever needed it it would be for family or friends or my dogs and I didnt want to go cheap on this. It even has a stapler for larger wounds.

Anytime there are kids or newbies on the boat all thier hooks are barbless..

jigngrub said:
Yeah, sometimes I get a boo-boo and need something.
DSC01532.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

OUCH!! That'll ruin your day.

I carry a first aid kit on both of my boats, along with a drybox containing some bottled water, crackers, and then a little bit of survival gear such as an inexpensive pistol and ammo, fat lighter sticks and magnesium match for firestarting, cyalume lightsticks, poncho, knife, and depending on the season, there might also be some extra clothing or some raingear in my kit.

A couple of things you should add to any first aid kit are a snake bite kit, along with a bottle of hand sanitizer, and some of those disposable towels that look like little tablets...you add water to them and they expand where they can be unrolled into a little hand towel. You can add some sanitizer to these, and they make good sanitary wipes. Worst case scenario, one of these towel 'pills' could probably also plug a severe puncture wound enough to stop bleeding.

Latest posts