I'm Back!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassBlaster

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Its been awhile, dang near a year. Many of you know, I halted all boat progress last year due to our adoption case going to court. Its still in progress. Our permanent legal custody changed to guardianship which is one step closer!!

In the meantime, the wife got me a wood lathe for Christmas and I suddenly became a pen maker. Ive sold so many darn pens that I cant seem to find time to do anything but stand in front of the lathe. In fact, I just got an order for 8 more about an hour ago. Its not entirely bad since some of these pens are selling for well over $50 each but that means next weekend is allready shot!!

So anyhow, I was in the garage yesterday milling wood, turning log chunks into turning blanks and I sat down on the step to take a break and looked at my boat. The poor girl has been sitting there for over a year now untouched and now coverd in sawdust. Everything I need to complete this project is there except for a few sticks of angle and some carpet. I thought about how nice it would have been to have gotten up early and hit the lake for some crappies!! My point is, its time to stop taking pen orders for awhile and finish this dang boat!!!

I see we have lots of new members here, thats a good thing. Welcome to all those I havnt met yet!!

Oh we also had another baby while I was away. Our new baby boy was born just 2 weeks ago on May 4th!!

Anyhow, just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and let everyone know I'm still around and will be working on the boat again soon!!

Welcome Back! Don't feel bad, I still haven't finished my boat either. But the end is in sight! We'll have to meet up on Madison Lake some time when we both get done. :smile:

Will do, I love that place!! Its one of my favorite crappie lakes in the spring. I just like that its so quit and peaceful not to mention that the fishing is excellent if you know where to go!!

Welcome back. Don't feel bad. I haven't been on in a long time either. So busy and working so much. Used my boat 2 times last year. Just pulled it out yesterday after work to get ready for the lake today and stickers were out. So spent today cleaning, running and fixing a few small things, for next weekend. Haven't been out any this year. Usually go every weekend. Can't wait go get out.

You need to finish it up and don't forget to post the progress.

You guys that haven't been here for a while are probably way over due your membership dues. Please forward $30 cash to me immediately so you can continue to post on TinBoats.

That's $20 for membership and $10 for a late fee. :LOL2:

Congrats on the new baby and progress with the adoption.

Pens.....I don't believe you. Without pics...they don't exist.

Seriously.....good to have you (all) back.

Lol, I'll get the check out immediately!!

Thanks!! Are family gets a little bigger every year, lol.

Yes, the pens do exist!! Heres a few I have made...

This set is made from olive wood from Bethlehem...

olivewoodtb.jpg

This one is spalted sweet gum...

SSGtb.jpg

This one is a 308 Win Mag cartridge and the wood is black palm...

BulletPen3-1.jpg

Ive made a bunch more but dont wanna blow the site up with pen pics. These are just a few of my favorites!!

Thanks!!

I was just thinking, once I get caught up on orders and have some time, I'll spin a few and send them to you for prizes or something and you could keep one for yourself if you wanted.

Thanks guys!!

That spalted sweet gum is my favorite pen I have made. I have a bunch more of that wood too. I have some that has orange spalt lines instead of black!!

BassBlaster said:
Thanks!!

I was just thinking, once I get caught up on orders and have some time, I'll spin a few and send them to you for prizes or something and you could keep one for yourself if you wanted.

I will pay for mine, just give me a good ole TinBoats discount. :LOL2:

Jim said:
BassBlaster said:
Thanks!!

I will pay for mine, just give me a good ole TinBoats discount. :LOL2:

Ditto.....

Latest posts