Bought two tin boats this week!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
So I forgot to take my meds this week. Ending up buying two tins. The first boat I ever bought ended up back in my yard. Fella who bought it from me called this weekend and was in a pinch. Bought it back for $500, boat/motor/trailer.(red boat) Dropped it off late that night and had it sold Sunday. Then today I was looking through craigslist and found this arkansas traveler. It's 1446 deep V. $100. Not too shabby. Didn't include the trailer pictured. Its back on CL with a better description and pictures this time. Hoping to at least double my money. Would love to keep it but I don't have the time.

Also went to look at a Alumacraft 1448 today. $350. Hope to have it in the yard within the month. Seller isn't ready to let it walk yet. Had my write my name/number in permanent marker on the seat. " I might be calling you tomorrow " , he said.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 1,424
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 1,424
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 1,424
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 1,424
  • ak1.jpg
    ak1.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • ark2.jpg
    ark2.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 1,424
  • ark3.jpg
    ark3.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 1,424
  • ark4.jpg
    ark4.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,424
I did that one summer with bicycles and ended up with 2 $350+ bikes for about $75 bought most of them off craigslist or at yard sales. Cleaned and tuned them up and resold them on CL some of them nicer ones I rode for a week or so till I found a replacement.

Looks like you picked up some good deals good luck on the resale

That's awesome! Those are some smoking good deals.

Its crazy how you can just buy a tin and re-list it for a profit.

I just added up what I've made from flipping 11 different boats and the grand total was just shy of $5k. Granted there was a lot of driving around, cleaning things, fixing small issues, and general puttering .... but that's all part of the fun.

Thanks Fella's. This month is busy, 3x trailers and 2xboats.

I found out today the Arkansas Traveler is a 1955. Had to call TN and beg for a letter head telling AL it's okay to register. Had the faintest reg# from 88'. It's in the mail. Will cost me $20 to do all the paperwork and will open up the door to all buyers. Generally I stay away from something that has paperwork woe's but even if I couldn't reg, still worth $100.

Congrats on the new toys. glad you sorted through the red tape. I have a '59 (?) Arkansas Traveler runabout that I've converted to a fishing/cruising machine. It's a great little hull. Very stable and made from nice thick aluminum too. Can't wait to see what you do with 'em.

Six your a sick sick man, nice finds and good luck with the flip, remember the 1-800-tinboat hot line if you feel like your over your head and need to talk ( I believe it's a 24hr line). :LOL2:

Never mind, I have called the hot line and all they say is what would your wife do? I always say, her hair whats that gotta do with me, looks like more projects for me - someday it will have to be a houseboat for sure. :LOL2:

fool4fish1226 said:
remember the 1-800-tinboat hot line if you feel like your over your head and need to talk ( I believe it's a 24hr line).

I called. Jim said it was terminal [-o<

Sold the Arkansas Traveler yesterday. In total on both boats I spent $600 and profited $500. Not a bad week. Too bad I won't get to use it on material items. Paying on the CC. Very close to having it back to zero so I can schmooze another 0apr for 6months. :mrgreen:

I do have one more I have to sell. Doug the paddle boat. If there is a Tinboat member close by, Price = One cold beer.

Attachments

• matthewlesko021811.jpg
    matthewlesko021811.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • bad2.jpg
    bad2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 1,255
Vermonster said:
Can't you turn Doug into a float-able beer cooler that you tow behind your boat?

I would be devastated if Doug the beer pontoon sank. Playing out recovery mission in my head now.

chattahoochee said:
Sixgun, where may I go to get details on the little center console in your sig line? Thank you, Ryan.

Here is the build thread. Bit jumbled but lots of pics.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23646

fool4fish1226 said:
1-800-tinboat hot line.

Just for fun I just called this. It's X rated. Lol!

chattahoochee said:
Thank you Sixgun. What length is it?

I really like that boat, I am having visions of a mini striper/hybrid boat just like that.

15' x 52" on the Floor. These old tins are holding together nicely. This one is a 65' and the one pictured above, 55' traveler had nice metal, tight rivets too.

sixgun86 said:
15' x 52" on the Floor. These old tins are holding together nicely. This one is a 65' and the one pictured above, 55' traveler had nice metal, tight rivets too.

Yes they are, I have seen a few in my area going for a couple hundred, its taking all my will power....

Latest posts