My new boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tafoley

Reaction score
It's not much, but it's MINE and I'd love some suggestions on how to make it amazing! It's '11 foot.
I can't for the life of me get the pictures to post so I've added them as attachements. Any tips or a ideas for a starting point would be appreciated.

View attachment 2View attachment 2

$(KGrHqJHJCIE9Ep1Utj3BPb2HRMJ1w~~60_12.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-22 at 1.53.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-22 at 1.53.48 PM.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 604
Nice tin! And it sure feels good to own one :) You could start by finding a few mods on here that you like, then take elements of them and apply them to yours. From a practical point, paint is always a quick way to getbstarted with immediate results!

Next to aesthetics.. an uncomfortable boat is not a fun boat.. getsome seats and swivels and hit the water. Maybe a false floor in boat. Just something flat to stand on or rod holders. Depends on what you fish for

I agree, floors and pedestal seats will make that boat really comfy to fish from.

Some guys don't like to do it, but I like to remove the front bench seat and put a full floor down. A raised front deck is possible, but might not be such a good idea on a small boat ... maybe just a slightly raised floor in the front to get some more walking around room.

Personally, I would keep it simple. I have a 12', it really measures 11'6" or so, and I started out with nothing permanently attached. But I got tired of spending 30 minutes at the ramp assembling everything. All of my little projects have been to make my boating/fishing experience as convenient as possible. Some of my projects have been: adding a fish finder that mounts in the oar lock, mounting the battery so it doesn't move around, adding a fuse for the trolling motor, adding fuel filter for motor, cup holders, and in general lots of organizing and securing of various things such as: landing net, battery operated lights, fire extinguisher, fishing rods, etc... I don't have any compartments so I use dry boxes that sit under the front seat.

Spend some time digging around this site, there is a lot of really good information.

JamesM56alum said:
Holy balls batman those are some big tires for a boat trailer lol nice tin man goodluck with the project.

What he ^ said !!!

I still remember (with some amusement now), backing the trailer with a 13ft tinboat and 75lb motor on its home-made trailer, with "like-new!!!" er....Oldsmobile low profile tires.

Then watching as the trailer, boat, equipment slowly bobbed sideways in the water. GREAT flotation on those tires.

#-o

justsayin'

JamesM56alum said:
Holy balls batman those are some big tires for a boat trailer lol nice tin man goodluck with the project.

I'm thinking it makes the whole rig look Bad A$$. Maybe paint some flames down the side of the boat behind those wheels.
Congrats on the new tin. You're gonna love it!

JamesM56alum said:

Hey, you never know what you need to use your boat after some rock climbing! :D

I love the boat, love the trailer and welcome to tinboats.net!

Lol you need to put a wheely bar on that beast! Those tires look just about like some old school slicks. You need to get some sweet hubcaps for those wheels out of the junkyard and then I would drive the heck out of that trailer!

First things first, need to make sure it does not leak, your transom and other wood are in good condition. Check over the electrical and make sure it is adequate for your needs (lights for night time, electric start, fish-finder, radio) whatever it is make sure it is safe and will work when needed. Check you state codes to see what you need to be legal in your area. Go over the motor and make sure it wont leave you stranded somewhere. After all that then start thinking about the paint and decks and so on. My .02 Good luck.

I love the boat too, one thing is for sure, you will never overload the trailer! As Forest Gump said "That's good, one less thing to worry about" LOL :lol: Good luck with all your mods!

My advice for what its worth:

Go over the motor real well, change the impeller, lower gear lube, make sure its running right. Get a seat or two so you are comfortable. Check for and fix any leaks. Then use it awhile.

After a couple of months of fishing out of it you will have a better idea of what you need to make it right for you. Then you can start to plan decks and storage and whatnot.

baldrob said:
My advice for what its worth:

Go over the motor real well, change the impeller, lower gear lube, make sure its running right. Get a seat or two so you are comfortable. Check for and fix any leaks. Then use it awhile.

After a couple of months of fishing out of it you will have a better idea of what you need to make it right for you. Then you can start to plan decks and storage and whatnot.

Great advice!

Latest posts