Deck with two seats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samzerelli

Reaction score
I'm working on 1649 flat bottom jon boat. What I'd like to do is build a deck that spans across the front two seats and then put two seat posts up there. However, when I look through all the other modifications, I don't see many that have two seats up on the deck.

I'm wondering if it's just because you wind up with two seats maybe a little too close together, or if there are other reasons to consider not doing it this way?

Here's a picture of the boat:

UARWM.png

Yes they would be a little close for comfort especially if you plan on casting. Also you may run into an issue of being too bow heavy with two people up front. In a boat like that it wouldn't take much to end up with a wave over the bow with two adults up there. The worst thing for a boat is to be bow heavy........ an easy recipe for a sunken vessel. That's just my 2 cents though

Thanks. Here's what I think it would look like with two seats up there. I'll check tomorrow to see how close I am with perspective.

QVO1i.png

I you put the first seat in the middle of the front deck, and the second seat in the center of the middle bench I think you'll be fine... and there will be plenty of support underneath each seat.

Oh yeah with it set up like that you should be ok. I thought you were going to put them both in the front lol..... The further back you get that second seat the better though. Boat will sit better and it will be easier for fishing.

Latest posts