Paint?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saggyman

Reaction score
About to paint my aluminum boat.

I bought some self etching primer and sanded the boat down the best I can with 200 sand paper.

Will this duplicolor engine enamel hold up good? It will be freshwater only.

can_engine.jpg

A lot of guys on here are using implement paint. I used Rustoleum topside paint. Think it was only $10 for a quart. I've had better luck rolling instead of spray. Of course the durability of paint jobs hinge mainly on your prep. Gunnels get trashed regardless. This last boat I left them bare.

sixgun86 said:
A lot of guys on here are using implement paint. I used Rustoleum topside paint. Think it was only $10 for a quart. I've had better luck rolling instead of spray. Of course the durability of paint jobs hinge mainly on your prep. Gunnels get trashed regardless. This last boat I left them bare.

No lime green with top side :(

Will the dupli engine enamel work with a bunch of coats?

I've used it for other stuff and wasn't real impressed with it. Go to Home Depot and get you some of that Rustoleum professional like I used in my build, page 11. It's good stuff and should last like you're wanting. Comes in a bunch of colors too.

Latest posts