Need some advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tafoley

Reaction score
Okay folks - So I have my boat, and it's *beautiful*...and I'm figuring out just what people mean by saying "A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into"...and I'm loving it!

I can't wait to get fishing and will be out on Monday, weather permitting...

Can anyone tell me what they do with all the HUGE, prize winning fish they catch if they don't have a life well??? I have a big, industrial stringer, but wont all my fish get banged up to heck and back if I leave them in the water and I decide to troll?? I don't think Trout need tenderizing :p

Building a live well would be ideal, but is *way* beyond my capabilities and budget right now...would you just throw him in an ice chest with ice? Any advice would be appreciated!

I and most folks that I know just throw the fish on ice in an ice chest.

I carry two ice chests in my 14 foot Jon. One for fish and a small one for beverages and snacks.

hunterguy86 said:

I carry two ice chests in my 14 foot Jon. One for fish and a small one for beverages and snacks.

This is what I do. The only drawback I've found is that sometimes I wind up cleaning just 1 or 2 fish some trips. With a livewell I could let what I catch go if I don't get enough for a meal.

In my old V-Hull I used to have I used a ice chest with a areator kit I got from Bass Pro for $35. I added a couple of eye bolts to the side of the front bench so I could rachet strap it down.

hunterguy86 said:

This is my preferred and most commonly used method but I also keep a floating basket in my boat for those occasions when I'm undecided whether I'm keeping my catch or not.

Latest posts