Shallow Water Ramps & Bunk Sliders ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Curious what yall think about bunk slides. Went to a new ramp on Saturday in St. Marks, FL and it’s shallow ramp without much of an incline so needless to say, launching was a chore. Thankfully my daughter’s boyfriend was with us so it made it much easier to get her off the trailer. Boat is a 1966 G3 so it's not overly light lol and the Mrs. is tiny so when we are alone, it won't be fun.

I found these https://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

I’ve done some research in general and they seem to help but with the one caveat is to make **** sure you keep the boat secured to the strap and chain until you’ve got the boat in the water. Another benefit would be that pitting would be negated since the aluminum is insulated from a carpeted bunks etc.

I've got two bunks about 58" long and two others about 110" long. Surfix sells 54" sliders so perfect for the shorter bunks. On the longer bunks wondering if I should double up on the sliders or use one set.

Any input will be a HUGE help.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20120527_065811.jpg
    20120527_065811.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 366
i made my own out of "3 L shaped tephlon, very easy to load and unload, i highly recommend. have to be careful because when you unhook the wench i will slide very fast if you are not ready, almost had disaster the first time i launched haha. loading i can pull the boat 90% of the way on the trailer with one hand, probably could go all the way but heck might as well not strain and use the wench.