Question about leveling a deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdbarrie

Reaction score
Hi all
Just starting my build and have a question about how to make deck level.

Do i level the framing front to back with a level or do i measure from the top edge of the boat rail?
boat is stiiton on the ground right now

any help from you guys would be great i m just hoping my boat looks half as good as most of the boats on here

Bill

it will depend on boat style.. on my vhull boat the gunwales arent level.. they rise up towards front of boat... so i built my deck level with the Benches which should be level with how boat sits in water... and mine is.. decking sits level while in water but not quite on trailer

Driftingrz said:
it will depend on boat style.. on my vhull boat the gunwales arent level.. they rise up towards front of boat... so i built my deck level with the Benches which should be level with how boat sits in water... and mine is.. decking sits level while in water but not quite on trailer

Thanks for this. This is something I hadn't considered. Very glad to see this before I got started with mine!

Yes go off the boat seats and not the gunwhale......... pull a string line across them and measure down to keep the floor the same and it should be fine. Sometimes the front seat will sit a bit higher than the back 2 though.

Latest posts