New to Jon boats need a little help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastalobsession

Reaction score
I resently aqquried a 1448 monark with a 6 hp Johnson. I already have the gas tanks and the life jackets/ throwables. I want to make the boat as light as possible. My question is how to yal store y'alls rods. I don't want to bolt anything in or drill any holes. I have a 30 quart igloo that I was just going to put some PVC rod holders on but was looking for some unique ways. Maybe just rod holders on a milk crate. I also need it to be removable from the boat.

Just set your rods in when your fishing and take them out when your done.Its a good thing to keep your boat lite,just donnot weight it down with 2x4 and plywood,use alumimum if you mod it out.Never waiste your time doing wood in a jon :wink:

Like he said, you can just lay your rods in the boat, which works fine.

But its really nice to have them standing vertically and out of the way in holders. Could you use some sort of clamp to temporarily attach a set of PVC rod holders to the side or transom of your boat?

Latest posts