Stand up or sit down

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Two Tracks

Reaction score
I have an 86 Tracker 17' bass boat. I recently got a 50 lb Minkota trolling motor from Wally
World. When I am sitting in my seat, it seems very hard to engage the foot switch. If I stand, then it is easier to control and easier to activate the switch. I have a tall enough pole so I can stand but do you guys use the stock seat or get a smaller seat? I'm wondering what kind of seat I should get so I can lean against it when fishing.

check out bps or cabelas for "butt seats", bassers use 'em. They have a taller seat pole, and then a padded seat that looks similar to a bicycle seat. Some seat poles are adjustable in height.

I only use a butt seat in the front of the boat. I like to stand when I fish and use the seat mostly as something to lean against for stability. I probably sit less than 2% of the time.

I have one of these and it works great for me.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pro-Pedestal-Seat/1166993.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dpro%2Bseat%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=pro+seat&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

I have a minn Kota edge and it's been great. The foot switch on the pedal comes with a tough spring. I took my spring out and it's soooo much better. Easy to take out too. The switch cover basically just pops out, pull the spring out, pop it back in.

vahunter, I took the switch cover off and found TWO springs in there! I don't know why they were doubled up but by taking them out it makes activation of the switch much easier. It was crazy strong before.

Latest posts