Bimini Top Measurements

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atuck593

Reaction score
I am looking into buying a bimini top for my boat. The measurements at the beam are 61" where I want to mount it. I am looking at two different tops on eBay and there is about a $50 price difference. The cheaper one will fit 62" - 66" and the more expensive one will fit 61" - 66". How flexible are they to mount? The tops look exactly the same just being sold through different vendors. Will the cheaper one work with the difference of 1"?

I use the same bimini top on two boats, one being a fiberglass boat. Their widths are close so the frame does bend a little. In my case it is how I position the mounting brackets on the rail.

Thanks for the input. It seems like the two frames are identical the more I looked and I am thinking that since it's so close that it will or should fit. The $50 saved is a few tanks of gas in the boat over the summer.

With the quality of work You've applied to the boat, You can modify a top to fit =D> . I took one that was too wide , slid the fabric to one side on the tubes, fastened it out of the way with wire ties and cut 6" out of the center of the tubes. Next i got some alum. tubing that would slide inside of the original frame tube, 12" pc., pushed 6" in ea. side of the frame and fastened it back together thru the side of the tubes with blind al. rivets. It's been 4 yrs. now and the owner still uses it all of the time with no problems. The fabric comes down farther on the sides than it did before, which required repositioning the straps, but he likes the extra shade. So it can be made to work. One precautionary thought, I did this on a round tube frame, square tube frames are harder to do since they don't make square tubes that will telescope like round ones will.

Thanks! I actually pulled the trigger last night and ordered the cheaper one. $50 bucks is $50 bucks and as long as it blocks the sun I am happy. I measured it again and it is so close to the 62" mark that I am sure it will work if not I will make it work. It is round tubing so if I have to I can modify it.

Latest posts